Death to Your Destroyer
I'll try to explain this genre as best as I can without rambling on about it. Downtempo means a lot to me, so I have quite a bit to say about it. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
Downtempo is pretty self explanatory. Traditionally, Downtempo keeps below about 85 BPM. It's glittery and beautiful; harmonic and relaxing; both simple and complex. Think ambient music with rythymic features and a lot more production time.
This genre will always have a very dear place in my heart, I have a lot of memories this music has invested in. I hope the same happens for you.
- Fahrenheit Fair Enough - Telefon Tel Aviv
- Nude - Three Leaves and A Head
- Within Dreams - The Album Leaf
- Satellite Anthem Icarus - Boards of Canada
- You're Better Off (Dntel mix) - Erin Lang
- There Is No There - The Books
- Faking the Books - Lali Puna
- Love Your Abuser - Lymbyc Systym
- Caresses - M83
- The City - Milosh
- Last Songs - Dntel
- Shadows (M83 Remix) - Midnight Juggernauts
- September Song - The Album Leaf
- Freedom Blade - This Will Destroy You & Lymbyc Systym
- The Inner Shore - Tim Hecker
- The Disconnect - Tycho
- Afterclap - 13 & God
There it is. I hope you can see and feel what I do in this genre.
Good luck this week.