Monday, March 15, 2010

This Guy Is Open For Business: Harassment


I remember being 15 and hearing about "Blogging" thinking that it was one of the most useless platforms "teh internet" had come up with. Blogs about what sandwiches some guy named frank had made for that week; Blogs about Gloria's ever growing beany babies collection (a dead market even then); Livejournal blogs about angsty teenagers and there daily lives.

A couple of years ago, I began following a number of "mp3 blogs." I thought to myself, "Yes! A blogging genre that can keep my interest!" Not only did it keep my interest, but I became obsessed. By the end of this past year, I found myself following over twenty mp3 blogs." Spending day after day on Hype Machine; praying for a new track to come out that would tickle my fancy.

Well, after all that, it's come to this.
I have a strong belief that playlists, compilations, and mixtapes are my niche. I'm a DJ, hopefully it should be. Everyone else in the family has a blog. It's time.

Periodically, I will be posting mixtapes. Mostly mixtapes, I'm sure every now and again I'll post a single track to promote new and amazing works.

TvT



Photo Credit: Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment